The Development Manager, Monmouth County position is based at Rising Treetops at Oakhurst, located in Ocean Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey and reports to the Director of Business Operations who is based at the agency’s headquarters in New York City. Presently the position is year-round and part- time.
The main goal for this position is to increase awareness of Rising Treetops at Oakhurst among Monmouth County stakeholders and develop local revenue streams to support general operations or targeted capital needs. In addition, this role will help the agency expand its local presence in Monmouth County and to expand fundraising and volunteerism in the local community.
The Development Manager, Monmouth County Focuses on Four Key Areas:
- Community Awareness – educate the local Jersey shore community about Rising Treetops at Oakhurst, who it serves, its mission, and needs.
- Community Involvement – develop opportunities for community members to become involved through participatory fundraising (charitable runs), events, school and civic group fundraising, open houses, campaigns, and volunteerism, as a means to stimulate donations and further awareness of Rising Treetops at Oakhurst and its work.
- Solicitation of Gifts – identify (through prospect research and networking), educate, cultivate and solicit donations from the Monmouth County area community, including major gifts from individuals, grants from local, state-wide or national businesses and foundations with an interest in Monmouth County, and solicit smaller dollars and in-kind support through mail, newsletters, online, and local charity tie-ins, etc. Help manage summer benefit (held in the Rumson, NJ area) solicitations and work with the hosts and the benefit committee.
- Build on Infrastructure – work closely with the Director of Business Operations based at the New York City headquarters to integrate the Monmouth County-based fundraising and communications efforts through existing data systems, and through meetings and reporting to involve both office locations and activities.
- BA/BS Degree required
- At least 3-5 years of fundraising experience, preferably in a human services or disability services agency
- Experience in growing fundraising through successful community-based donor and volunteer building programs
- Past experience working in and/or residing in Monmouth County, NJ
Please submit a cover letter, resume and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. NO CALLS PLEASE. Equal Opportunity Employer.
These positions require living at the camp during the entire respite season from mid-September until early June, with training and then approimately 130 days of scheduled respite days of work out of approximately 250 days from September through June. Free housing and meals are provided throughout the approximate 8 months. All employees as of May 2021 must be fully COVID vaccinated to work at the Rising Treetops Oakhurst campus. Upon resumption of respite season services, anticipated in September 2021, other COVID-related protocols will be determined. Counselors may need to be quarantined at the campus upon hire, with possible limited ability to leave the facility during the respite season. Details TBD.
In addition, pre-pandemic we were in need of weekend and holiday per diem respite counselors, and occasional other shifts available for emergency respite counselors. Not only do such respite counselors live with our clients, they are responsible for their care, safety, and welfare, and assist them with daily living skills and activity participation. As of September 2021 we will determine how we will handle COVID-restrictions on per diem employees who work with individuals with special needs. Candidates must have a high energy level and good interpersonal skills.
To apply for a respite counselor position for the 2021-2022 respite season or as a per diem weekend/emergency respite counselor, click here. Please email, fax or mail an application to the attention of the Director, 111 Monmouth Road, Oakhurst, NJ 07755. Call 732-531-0215 or email email@example.com for more information.
The process for hiring staff for the 2021 summer camp season started in January 2021. For our summer hirings in general, staff are hired for 12 weeks of work and in 2021 training starts June 7 and the last day of work is September 4. There are a total of 13 full days off throughout the summer, either 2 or 3 full days off between the initial training period and the first camp session and between each of the five summer camp sessions.
Responsibilities: Live-in cabins with our campers and be responsible for their care, safety, and welfare. Assist campers with daily living skills and activity participation. We are seeking caring individuals with a desire to work with special populations. Must have a high energy level and good interpersonal skills. All employees at Rising Treetops must be COVID-vaccinated prior to beginning work with campers. We can assist with setting up vaccination appointments. In addition, in summer 2021, there will be on-camp quarantine requirements and restrictions on leaving the campus throughout employment at our summer camp.
To apply for a summer 2021 Counselor position, click here.
RN’s, LPN’s and Nursing Students. Experience with special populations preferred.
To apply for a summer 2020 nursing position after January 1, 2020, click here.
Is Rising Treetops at Oakhurst right for you?
We are looking for creative staff members who are seeking challenging employment. If you are willing to share your ideas, and to invest time and energy in creating a memorable time for our clients at Rising Treetops at Oakhurst, first read our Services page for an overview of our programs. Then read above for information about employment opportunities.
Rising Treetops at Oakhurst offers competitive salaries, great working conditions, and valuable practical experience. Staff are hired from a wide geographic area of the United States and from many other countries as well. This international mix allows staff the unique opportunity to work, socialize, and share lifestyles with persons from all over the world.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!