Summer Camp (for Youth and Adults)
Rising Treetops at Oakhurst is pleased to announce it will be holding its 2023 Summer Camp with 7 sessions that provide a variety of options for individuals with special needs. We thank you in advance for considering Rising Treetops at Oakhurst and are hopeful we might be able to provide a fun-filled and rewarding summer camp experience for all the campers we serve.
Our 2023 summer schedule now includes:
- One 8-day session for adults.
- Three 12-day general sessions for all ages and special needs.
- Two 5-day sessions for those applying for autism camp sessions.
- One 6-day “Summer Send-off” open to all ages and special needs.
Things to consider when applying for 2023 Summer Camp Sessions:
1) All campers must be fully COVID-vaccinated at least 14 days before arriving for a session. In addition, all campers must also have received a COVID-vaccination booster shot, if booster shot-eligible, before arriving at the camp.
2) Limited scholarships are available for all sessions. You must request a Scholarship Request Form and submit it with supporting documents no later than April 30.
3) New for Summer 2023: After applying and a placement is confirmed in a camp session, all private pay camper families must pay a $200 deposit for each camp session confirmed to hold their spot in the session. In addition, all camp fees must be paid in advance, or a payment plan arranged prior to a camp session arrival day. The only exception is for balances due that have confirmed state family support funding or private third-party funding.
We are pleased to announce Rising Treetops at Oakhurst will continue its day programs and will hold its 2023 Summer Day Camp. For more information on our 2022 Summer Day Camp, please email email@example.com or call 732-531-0215.
Summer Sessions - Health & Safety
Please know that the safety and health of our clients, campers and staff is always the highest priority at Rising Treetops at Oakhurst, NJ. We will continue to work closely with our local public health department and our partners at New York’s Office of People with Developmental Disabilities and New Jersey’s Department of Human Services to maintain safe and effective protocols to resume our vital services at Rising Treetops at Oakhurst.
What follows is our summer camp description:
- The summer camp at Rising Treetops at Oakhurst is for children and adults ages 8 and up.
- Children and adults attending summer camp sessions must have a basic level of expressive communication and be able to reside in communal living environments with others.
- Campers stay in barrier-free cabins with age-appropriate groups. Care and supervision are provided 24/7 by a caring and trained staff that live on site.
- Clients will have access to a full program of therapeutic recreational activities.
Cabins can fill quickly. After January 15, call either of our offices and we’ll email or mail you an application or go to the Registration section of this website to download an application for services. Summer camp sessions vary in length, age, and population. See our Calendar for details.
The full fee per session may be adjusted according to family size and income through a limited scholarship program. For individuals who still live with a family caregiver and qualify for state-supported respite services, a portion of fees may be covered by state funding. Please contact our New Jersey office at 732-531-0215 for more information on fees and scholarships.
Some clients get to and from Rising Treetops through their families, and others receive central site transportation from Rising Treetops at Oakhurst from New York City in lift-equipped vehicles.