Special Needs Summer Camp (for Youth and Adults)
The 2024 Summer Camp schedule and applications for our 2024 Summer Camp will be available by January 2024. Rising Treetops’ 2023 Summer Camp opened on June 16 with 7 sessions that provided a variety of options for individuals with special needs. We thank you in advance for considering Rising Treetops at Oakhurst and look forward to providing a fun-filled and rewarding special needs summer camp experience for all the campers we serve again in 2024!
Our 2023 summer schedule included:
- One 8-day session for adults.
- Three 12-day general sessions for all ages and special needs.
- Two 5-day sessions for those applying for autism camp sessions.
- One 6-day “Summer Send-off” open to all ages and special needs.
Things to consider when applying for our Special Needs Summer Camp Sessions:
1) All campers must be fully COVID-vaccinated at least 14 days before arriving for a session. In addition, all campers must also have received a COVID-vaccination booster shot, if booster shot-eligible, before arriving at the camp.
2) Limited scholarships are available for all sessions. You must request a Scholarship Request Form and submit it with supporting documents no later than April 30.
3) After applying and a placement is confirmed in a camp session, all private pay camper families must pay a $200 deposit for each camp session confirmed to hold their spot in the session. In addition, all camp fees must be paid in advance, or a payment plan arranged prior to a camp session arrival day. The only exception is for balances due that have confirmed state family support funding or private third-party funding.
4) Summer Camp sessions are designed primarily for children and adults 8 and up who possess at least minimal levels of expressive and receptive communication skills, and exhibit behavior that is appropriate for group living.
5) Campers stay in barrier-free cabins with age-appropriate groups. Care and supervision are provided 24/7 by a caring and trained staff that live on site. Campers will have access to a full program of therapeutic recreational activities.
Rising Treetops’ also provided a Summer Day Camp in 2023 for children and adults with special needs, and is available from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on days the overnight camp is in session. For more information on our Summer Day Camp services, please email email@example.com or call 732-531-0215.
Summer Sessions - Health & Safety
Please know that the safety and health of our clients, campers and staff is always the highest priority at Rising Treetops at Oakhurst, NJ. We will continue to work closely with our local public health department and our partners at New York’s Office of People with Developmental Disabilities and New Jersey’s Department of Human Services to maintain safe and effective protocols to resume our vital services at Rising Treetops at Oakhurst.
Cabins can fill quickly. After January 15, call either of our offices and we’ll email or mail you an application or go to the Registration section of this website to download an application for services. Our special needs summer camp sessions vary in length, age, and population. See our Calendar for details.
The full fee per session may be adjusted according to family size and income through a limited scholarship program. For individuals who still live with a family caregiver and qualify for state-supported respite services, a portion of fees may be covered by state funding. Please contact our New Jersey office at 732-531-0215 for more information on fees and scholarships.
Some clients get to and from Rising Treetops through their families, and others receive central site transportation from Rising Treetops at Oakhurst from New York City in lift-equipped vehicles.